Practice groups are determined at the family evaluations at the start of the season as well as by size of the group to allow adequate space in the pool for the swimmers.
Groups may be adjusted mid-season as swimmers grow and improve.
The optimum number of practices is 4/5 per week, but a minimum of two per week should be attended to participate in that week’s meet. Exceptions to this rule will be made on a case by case basis when parents inform the head coach of the circumstances (i.e. vacation, sickness, etc.). All swimmers who swim with another swim team during the summer must also make at least 2 ILBC practices each week.
It is suggested to have the following equipment:
1. Indian Landing Swim Team suit
3. Swim Cap
4. Water bottle
A few reminders about practice:
1. Arrive 10 minutes early to allow time to park and be ready to jump in
2. Athletes should be prepared with sneakers for dryland training every day. This is an important component of practice for the Sunfish-Dolphins and Sharks.
3. Swimmers should have goggles and if they have long hair should wear a cap. Caps for meets will need to be plain or ILBC caps.
4. Parents are not permitted on the pool deck during practices. Our AAU insurance only covers the coaches and athletes. If you have a concern please email our coaches and they will promptly respond.
5. Children are to be under their parents supervision when not on the pool deck. Please monitor them carefully- there is a lot of water around and shenanigans to be had in locker rooms.
6. We will practice in light-moderate rain, however can not practice in heavy rain of if there is thunder or lightning. Download the Swimtopia app to get weather related alerts!